Tuesday 2 February 2010

What's it all about?

I started the New Year with no resolutions other than a half baked promise to get out and see more of the world. Being somewhat useless when it comes to money I decided to look at options a little closer to home and a little easier on the wallet. The North Downs are an area into which I often venture (even more so now I have got a serious photography addiction) and I've often contemplated the idea of walking the North Downs Way from start to finish. However, starting at Farnham in Surrey and stretching 153miles to Dover in Kent, the time required to undertake this would be considerable!

Whilst looking on the Kent Downs website I noticed a feature celebrating 40 years of the Kent Downs being designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, complete with a list of 40 interesting places worth a visit within the AONB.

And so "40 Places 40 Days" was born. My aim over the coming weeks and months is to visit all of the 40 places listed and armed with my new Sony DSLR, I hope to document my travels here and on my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment